Visitors to Hastings are sure to enjoy the university setting. Tourists can also enjoy the city's museums, sporting events, and festivals.
- You'll find 36 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Grand Island
- The closest major airport is in Grand Island, NE (GRI-Central Nebraska Regional), 26.3 mi (42.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Kearney, NE (EAR-Kearney Regional), 34.6 mi (55.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Hastings
The university setting is a highlight of the city and Hastings College is worth a campus tour. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Jacob Fisher Rainbow Fountain and Hastings Museum of Natural and Cultural History.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 11 hotels and other lodging accommodations to choose from in Hastings. Below are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Holiday Inn Express Hastings - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- My Place Hotel-Hastings - Our customers like the helpful staff and comfortable beds at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a 24-hour business center, along with an in-room kitchen.
- Quality Inn - This 2.5-star motel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its overall value and pool.
Getting Around Hastings
To see more of the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Hastings Station. Hastings might not have many public transportation choices so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Hastings
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 57°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 14°F
- From April to June, the average is 87°F during the day and 32°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 88°F during the day and 46°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 71°F as the daytime average and 14°F as the nighttime average
- Hastings gets about 27.99 inches of rain per year
- July and June are usually the hottest months averaging 86°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 16°F