Families will find kid-friendly activities in Hattiesburg, and visitors give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its university setting and sporting events.
- There are 40 hotels and other accommodations in Hattiesburg
- The closest major airport is in Laurel, MS (PIB-Hattiesburg - Laurel Regional), 10 mi (16.2 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Hattiesburg
Cultural venues in the city include Lauren Rogers Museum of Art, African American Military History Museum, and Laundrums Homestead. Families come for attractions such as Hattiesburg Zoo, Grand Paradise Waterpark, and Pep's Point Water Park. The picturesque setting of De Soto National Forest and Paul B. Johnson State Park exemplify the city's natural beauty.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 40 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Hattiesburg. Below are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Holiday Inn Hattiesburg - North - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
- TownePlace Suites Hattiesburg - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free parking.
- Hampton Inn by Hilton Hattiesburg - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and proximity to shopping.
Getting Around Hattiesburg
To explore the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Hattiesburg Station or Laurel Station. Hattiesburg might not have many public transit choices so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Hattiesburg
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 74°F and the nighttime average to be 37°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 91°F during the day and 49°F at night
- July through September averages 92°F during the day and 61°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 83°F during the day and 38°F at night
- Hattiesburg gets about 59.17 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 92°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 39°F