Families enjoy visiting Laurel though all visitors are sure to find something to appreciate. Tourists can also enjoy the city's cafés, baseball games, and shopping.
- You'll find 42 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Hattiesburg
- The closest major airport is in Laurel, MS (PIB-Hattiesburg - Laurel Regional), 19.6 mi (31.5 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Laurel
The city's cultural venues include Lauren Rogers Museum of Art and Laundrums Homestead. Additionally, you might want to add Daphne Park to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 9 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Laurel. Here are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hampton Inn and Suites Laurel - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and comfortable rooms.
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Laurel - Our customers like the breakfast and pool at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Best Western Laurel Inn - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and helpful staff.
Getting Around Laurel
If you want to venture outside of the area, ride aboard one of the trains from Laurel Station. Laurel might not have many public transit options to choose from so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Laurel
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 73°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 37°F
- From April to June, the average is 90°F during the day and 51°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 91°F during the day and 62°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 83°F as the daytime average and 38°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Laurel is 61.61 inches
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 91°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 39°F