Find Motels in Hays
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Featured Motels in Hays
Other property types in Hays
Baymont by Wyndham Hays
Reviewed on Sep 30, 2020
Best Western Butterfield Inn
Reviewed on Oct 16, 2020
Super 8 by Wyndham Hays KS
Reviewed on Oct 20, 2020
Hays Motels for the Frugal Traveler
There are more than 26 hotels and other lodging choices in Hays, though there are only 4 economical motels. These budget accommodations can help you cut costs when compared with traditional hotels, which offer more amenities but ones that you may not use.
Fun fact: Introduced in the early 1950s, colorful neon signs were used as beacons for tired families on road trips, and today, examples of these can still be found along historic U.S. Route 66. When you stay at a motel, you'll often find an outdoor pool and free parking.
Below are some of our customers' best-rated Hays motels to select from:
- Enjoy access to the laundry facilities, and freebies including breakfast, WiFi, and parking.
- Free parking, laundry facilities, and a 24-hour front desk are available during your stay.
- Enjoy access to the 24-hour front desk, and freebies including breakfast, WiFi, and parking.
- A restaurant and an outdoor pool are available during your stay, along with room amenities like free WiFi.
What to Do in HaysPeople visiting Hays speak highly of its restaurants. Enjoy all there is to see and do in this family-friendly, quaint area while you're sightseeing.
Some historical places you might want to see include:
- Fort Hays State Historic Site
- Gernon House
- Walter P. Chrysler Boyhood Home
During your trip, here are some other places to visit:
- Eisenhower Park
- Fort Hays Municipal Golf Course
- Big Creek Golf Course
Hays is also known for its:
- University life
Best Time to Visit HaysDetermine the perfect time for your visit to Hays by looking over these seasonal weather details:
- The hottest months are typically July and August, while January and December are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 62° F and nighttime temperatures average 16° F
- April-June: 91° F is the daytime average and 35° F is the nighttime average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 93° F and nighttime averages are around 48° F
- October-December: The average temperatures are 75° F during the day and 17° F at night
- Average rainfall is 23.46 inches in a year
How to Get to Hays and Around the Area
|Hays, KS (HYS-Hays Regional)||Airport||3.3 mi (5.4 km)|
|Great Bend, KS (GBD-Great Bend Municipal)||Airport||44.5 mi (71.5 km)|