Visiting Hill City
Nature enthusiasts will enjoy exploring Hill City, and many visitors are sure to appreciate the local tours, shopping, and monuments. This city also attracts tourists with its mountain views.
- There are 53 hotels and other accommodations in Hill City
- The closest major airport is in Rapid City, SD (RAP-Rapid City Regional), 26.9 mi (43.2 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Hill City
The city's cultural venues include Museum @ Black Hills Institute and Teddy Bear Town. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Wade's Gold Mill and Black Hills National Forest.
In Hill City, you'll find 53 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday retreat. These are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Comfort Inn & Suites Near Mt. Rushmore - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and comfortable rooms.
- Harney Peak Inn - Our customers like the helpful staff and clean rooms at this motel. With a stay at this 2-star motel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a business center, along with free WiFi.
- Whispering Winds Cottages and Campsites - Amenities at this 2.5-star cottage include free parking and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Hill City
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 49°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 15°F
- From April to June, the average is 77°F during the day and 25°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 81°F during the day and 38°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 63°F as the daytime average and 14°F as the nighttime average
- Hill City gets about 19.61 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 79°F, while December and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 15°F