History buffs will enjoy exploring Keystone, and visitors give high marks for the shopping. Tourists who journey to this scenic city can discover its monuments, mountain views, and local tours.
- There are 20 hotels and other accommodations in Keystone
- The closest major airport is in Rapid City, SD (RAP-Rapid City Regional), 21 mi (33.8 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Keystone
Its monuments and historic sites are notable and landmarks include Mount Rushmore. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the mountain views and such places to visit as Horse Thief Lake and Rushmore Cave. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Gutzon Borglum Historical Center and National Presidential Wax Museum.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 20 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Keystone. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Under Canvas Mount Rushmore - Amenities at this 2.5-star tentalow include a restaurant and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and helpful staff.
- Elk Ridge Bed & Breakfast - Our customers like the breakfast and location at this B&B. With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- K Bar S Lodge, An Ascend Hotel Collection Member - This 2.5-star lodge features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its quiet location and comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Keystone
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 49°F and the nighttime average to be 15°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 77°F during the day and 25°F at night
- July through September averages 81°F during the day and 38°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 63°F during the day and 14°F at night
- Keystone gets about 19.61 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 79°F, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 15°F