Those traveling to Honeydew are sure to enjoy the sights to see and things to do. Gold Reef City, Lion Park, and Montecasino are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 650 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Johannesburg (HLA-Lanseria), 10 mi (16.1 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Johannesburg (JNB-O.R. Tambo Intl.), 19.4 mi (31.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Honeydew
Gold Reef City, Lion Park, and Montecasino are some of the notable places to visit in the surrounding region. Additionally, in the area you'll find Sandton City Mall and South African Museum of Military History.
As you make plans for a getaway to Honeydew, your ideal accommodation may not be centrally located but you'll find 403 hotels and lodging options locally. Below are places to stay in the area:
- Radisson Blu Gautrain Hotel Sandton Johannesburg is 8.5 mi (13.7 km) from the center of Honeydew. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Sandton can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Four Seasons Hotel The Westcliff, Johannesburg is 9.2 mi (14.8 km) from central Honeydew. This 5-star hotel in Randburg features 2 outdoor pools, a full-service spa, and 2 restaurants. Our customers like its dining options and clean, quiet rooms.
- Faircity Mapungubwe Hotel Apartments is located 11.3 mi (18.2 km) from the heart of Honeydew. This 4-star hotel in Johannesburg features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
Popular places to visit in the area include Sandton Convention Centre, 8.2 mi/13.2 km from the heart of the city, and Johannesburg Zoo, which is 9.3 mi/15 km away.
Dressing for Honeydew
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 79°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 49°F
- From April to June, the average is 74°F during the day and 29°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 75°F during the day and 29°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 78°F as the daytime average and 47°F as the nighttime average
- About 0.94 inches of rain falls on Honeydew each year
- January and February are usually the hottest months averaging 78°F, while June and July are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 31°F