Visitors can enjoy all that Horeke has to offer including the waterfront, local tours, and cathedral. Tourists can also enjoy the city's parks and monuments.
- There are 56 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Kerikeri (KKE-Bay of Islands), 16.7 mi (26.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Kaitaia (KAT), 28.2 mi (45.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Horeke
A favorite place to visit in the city is Wairere Boulders. Additionally, you'll find Ginns Ngawha Springs and Puketi and Omahuta Native Forests in the area.
As you plan your trip to Horeke, you might not find an accommodation centrally located, but you can choose from 56 lodging options within the bigger area. Here are places to stay in the area:
- Copthorne Hotel and Resort Hokianga is located 18.7 mi (30.1 km) from the heart of Horeke. This 4-star hotel in Omapere features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its bar and overall value.
- Stay Kerikeri Boutique Apartments and Studios is 20.1 mi (32.3 km) from the center of Horeke. This 4-star apartment in Kerikeri features an outdoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia travelers love its beach locale and quiet rooms.
- Avalon Resort is 19.3 mi (31 km) from central Horeke. This 4-star motel in Kerikeri features an outdoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking. Our customers like its dining options and quiet location.
Dressing for Horeke
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 73°F and the nighttime average to be 57°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 68°F during the day and 47°F at night
- July through September averages 61°F during the day and 46°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 71°F during the day and 50°F at night
- About 49.25 inches of rain falls on Horeke each year
- Hottest months are usually February and January with an average temperature of 72°F, while the coldest months are August and July with an average of 46°F