Visiting Idaho Falls
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Idaho Falls, and visitors give high marks for the beautiful waterfalls, riverfront, and top-notch restaurants. Walkable and welcoming, this city attracts tourists with its shopping and temples.
- There are 92 hotels and other accommodations in Idaho Falls
- The closest major airport is in Idaho Falls, ID (IDA-Idaho Falls Regional), 2 mi (3.2 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Idaho Falls
The city's cultural venues include Colonial Theater and Museum of Idaho. Families come for attractions such as Blast Off, Tautphaus Park Zoo, and Wes Deist Aquatic Center. The city is notable for its temples and landmarks like Idaho Falls Idaho Temple and Idaho Falls Greenbelt.
In Idaho Falls, there are 92 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect vacation. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- SpringHill Suites by Marriott Idaho Falls - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and comfortable, quiet rooms.
- Home2 Suites by Hilton Idaho Falls - Our customers like the dining options and overall value at this hotel. With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen.
- Residence Inn by Marriott Idaho Falls - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its central location and comfortable, quiet rooms.
Dressing for Idaho Falls
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 53°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 11°F
- From April to June, the average is 82°F during the day and 29°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 88°F during the day and 35°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 67°F as the daytime average and 11°F as the nighttime average
- Idaho Falls gets about 10.39 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 85°F, while December and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 13°F