Visiting Islay Island
Visitors to Islay Island are sure to enjoy the bars. Tourists can also enjoy the city's gardens, local tours, and seaside.
- There are 20 hotels and other accommodations in Islay Island
- The closest major airport is in Islay (ILY), 4.5 mi (7.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Campbeltown (CAL), 31.3 mi (50.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Islay Island
Cultural venues in the city include Bowmore Distillery, Bruichladdich Distillery, and Wildlife Information Centre. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Museum of Islay Life and Kilchoman Distillery.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 20 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Islay Island. These are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Glenegedale House - This 5-star guesthouse features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and comfortable rooms.
- Islay House - Our customers like the bar and helpful staff at this hotel. This 3.5-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
Dressing for Islay Island
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 47°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 38°F
- From April to June, the average is 59°F during the day and 39°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 60°F during the day and 49°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 55°F as the daytime average and 40°F as the nighttime average
- Islay Island gets about 1.38 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 59°F, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 38°F