Visiting Halibut Cove
Visitors can enjoy all that Halibut Cove has to offer including its parks. There are 113 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Homer, AK (HOM), 9.3 mi (15 km) from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in Halibut Cove
A favorite place to visit in the city is Kachemak Bay State Park. In the area, you'll also find Homer Harbor and Homer Spit.
As you start planning your visit to Halibut Cove, your ideal accommodation may not be in the heart of the city but there are 47 hotels and lodging options locally. Listed here are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- Land's End Resort is located 5.6 mi (9.1 km) from the heart of Halibut Cove. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Homer can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its breakfast and beach locale.
- Best Western Bidarka Inn is 11.3 mi (18.3 km) from central Halibut Cove. This 2.5-star hotel in Homer features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and convenient parking.
- Glacier View Cabins is 8.7 mi (13.9 km) from the center of Halibut Cove. This 2.5-star cabin in Homer features free WiFi and free parking. Expedia travelers love its overall value and helpful staff.
Dressing for Halibut Cove
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 40°F during the day and 19°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 60°F, while the average at night is 26°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 62°F with nighttime averages of 37°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 50°F and nighttime averages of 20°F
- About 24.29 inches of rain falls on Halibut Cove each year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 61°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 20°F