Visiting Ixtapan de la Sal
Visitors to Ixtapan de la Sal are sure to enjoy the spas and restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's water parks and hot springs.
- You'll find 131 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Toluca
- The closest major airport is in Toluca, Estado de Mexico (TLC-Toluca Intl.), 34 mi (54.7 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Ixtapan de la Sal
A favorite place to visit in the city is Ixtapan Aquatic Park. Additionally, you'll find Tonatico Municipal Pool and Our Lady of Tonatico Church in the area.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 12 hotels and other lodging accommodations to select from in Ixtapan de la Sal. These are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hotel Matea Inn - This 4-star hotel features 2 restaurants, free breakfast, and free WiFi.
- Hotel Quinta San Carlos - This 3-star hotel features an outdoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Hotel Rancho San Diego Grand Spa Resort - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and breakfast.
Dressing for Ixtapan de la Sal
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 88°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 52°F
- From April to June, the average is 90°F during the day and 60°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 82°F during the day and 58°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 80°F as the daytime average and 53°F as the nighttime average
- About 14.17 inches of rain falls on Ixtapan de la Sal each year
- April and May are usually the hottest months averaging 88°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 53°F