Visiting Izu Peninsula
Visitors to Izu Peninsula are sure to enjoy the hot springs. Tourists can also enjoy the city's beaches and aquarium. Top sights in the city include Atagawa Tropical and Alligator Garden, Izu Oceanic Park, and Izu Glass and Glasswork Museum.
- There are 387 hotels and other accommodations in Izu Peninsula
- The closest major airport is in Oshima (OIM), 20.7 mi (33.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Shizuoka (FSZ-Mt. Fuji - Shizuoka), 46.7 mi (75.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Izu Peninsula
Cultural venues in the city include Izu Glass and Glasswork Museum, Izu Teddy Bear Museum, and Antique Jewelry Museum. Attractions like Atagawa Tropical and Alligator Garden, Izu Granpal Park, and iZoo are fun for kids of all ages. The city is notable for landmarks like Kinomiya Shrine, Kumomi Sengen Shrine, and Koibito-misaki.
In Izu Peninsula, there are 387 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect holiday retreat. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hoshino Resorts KAI Anjin - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff.
- Arai Ryokan - Our customers like the helpful staff and overall condition at this ryokan. With a stay at this 3.5-star ryokan, guests can enjoy access to free valet parking and a café, along with free WiFi.
- Ryokan Hanareya Ishidaya - With a stay at this 3.5-star ryokan, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a café, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
Other top sights in Izu Peninsula include Izu Oceanic Park. Popular places to visit around the area include Izunagaoka Hot Spring, located 20 mi (32.2 km) from the heart of the city, and Atami Sun Beach, which is 24.4 mi/39.3 km away.
Getting Around Izu Peninsula
If you want to see more of the area, ride aboard a train from Izuinatori station, Izu atagawa station, or Imaihamakaigan station. Izu Peninsula might not have very many public transportation choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Izu Peninsula
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 62°F during the day and 28°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 81°F, while the average at night is 45°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 85°F with nighttime averages of 57°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 71°F and nighttime averages of 30°F
- About 45.64 inches of rain falls on Izu Peninsula each year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 83°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 31°F