Travelers to Jaworzno will find plenty to explore and enjoy. Top sights around the area include Auschwitz-Birkenau State Museum, Cathedral of Christ the King, and Silesian Museum.
- There are 84 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Katowice (KTW-Pyrzowice), 20.7 mi (33.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Krakow (KRK-John Paul II - Balice), 24.5 mi (39.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Jaworzno
Notable places to visit in the larger region include Auschwitz-Birkenau State Museum, Cathedral of Christ the King, and Silesian Museum. Additionally, in the area you'll find Spodek and Drapacz Chmur.
As you plan for your vacation to Jaworzno, you might not find an accommodation in the city center, but you can choose from 84 hotels and other lodging options within the larger area. Listed here are places to stay in the area:
- Hotel Galicja Wellness & SPA is 1.1 mi (1.8 km) from central Jaworzno. This hotel in Jaworzno features a restaurant, a nightclub, and a fitness center.
- Hotel Polin is located 11.7 mi (18.8 km) from the heart of Jaworzno. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Oswiecim can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 2 restaurants, along with free Internet. Our customers like its dining options and WiFi.
- Q Hotel Plus Katowice is 22.5 mi (36.3 km) from the center of Jaworzno. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Liszki can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi.
One of the top places to see outside the city is Kosciuszko Park, located 12.9 mi (20.7 km) from the center of the city.
Getting Around Jaworzno
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Jaworzno Ciezkowice Station or Jaworzno Szczakowa Station. Jaworzno might not have many public transit choices so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Jaworzno
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 49°F during the day and 20°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 71°F, while the average at night is 34°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 73°F with nighttime averages of 44°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 59°F and nighttime averages of 24°F
- Average annual rainfall for Jaworzno is 0.87 inches
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 71°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 23°F