Families will find kid-friendly activities in Jonesboro, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its shopping, sporting events, and university setting.
- There are 29 hotels and other accommodations in Jonesboro
- The closest major airport is in Jonesboro, AR (JBR-Jonesboro Municipal), 3.1 mi (5 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Jonesboro
The city's cultural venues include Fowler Center and Trumann Museum. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and The Mall at Turtle Creek is a favorite for retail therapy. The university setting is a highlight of the city and Arkansas State University is worth a campus tour.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 29 hotels and other lodging accommodations to pick from in Jonesboro. These are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hampton Inn Paragould - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Courtyard by Marriott Jonesboro - Our customers like the helpful staff and location at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Hilton Garden Inn Jonesboro - This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and helpful staff.
Getting Around Jonesboro
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Walnut Ridge Station. Jonesboro might not have very many public transit choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Jonesboro
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 66°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 25°F
- From April to June, the average is 90°F during the day and 43°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 91°F during the day and 54°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 78°F as the daytime average and 26°F as the nighttime average
- Jonesboro gets about 48.23 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 90°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 28°F