Visitors can enjoy all that Kalyan has to offer including the temples, lakeside setting, and entertainment choices. This city also attracts tourists with its rich culture. Top sights in the area include Mt. Mary Church, Siddhi Vinayak Temple, and Mahalaxmi Temple.
- You'll find 985 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Mumbai
- The closest major airport is in Mumbai (BOM-Chhatrapati Shivaji Intl.), 25.2 mi (40.6 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Kalyan
Places to visit in the larger region include Tikuji-ni-Wadi, Viviana Mall, and Dhirubhai Ambani Life Science Centre. You'll also find Masunda Lake and Ovalekar Wadi Butterfly Park in the area.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 9 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Kalyan. Here are places to stay within 5 miles of the city center.
- OYO 4173 Dolphin Club is located within 4.6 mi (7.3 km) of the city center. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Kalyan can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with an in-room kitchen.
- OYO 13823 Hotel Praveen International is located 5 mi (8 km) from the city center. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Kalyan can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with an in-room kitchen.
- Dolphin Club Lodging & Boarding is 4.6 mi (7.3 km) from the city's heart. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Kalyan can enjoy access to free parking and a 24-hour front desk, along with free WiFi.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Sanjay Gandhi National Park, 20.2 mi/32.4 km from the heart of the city, and Kanheri Caves, which is 20.6 mi/33.2 km away.
Getting Around Kalyan
To see more of the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Dombivili Kopar Station. Kalyan might not have many public transit choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Kalyan
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 87°F and the nighttime average to be 67°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 91°F during the day and 74°F at night
- July through September averages 86°F during the day and 76°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 89°F during the day and 68°F at night
- Kalyan gets about 84.68 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually May and November with an average temperature of 90°F, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 68°F