Visiting King George
Visitors to King George are sure to enjoy the shopping. Tourists can also enjoy the city's coffeehouses and wineries. Top sights around the area include George Washington Birthplace National Monument and Fredericksburg Area Museum and Cultural Center.
- There are 4 hotels and other accommodations in King George
- The closest major airport is in Manassas, VA (MNZ-Manassas Regional), 36.4 mi (58.7 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Washington, DC (DCA-Ronald Reagan Washington National), 41 mi (65.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in King George
Favorite places to visit in the city include Caledon State Park, Oak Crest Vineyard and Winery, and Cameron Hills Golf Links. Additionally, in the area you'll find George Washington Birthplace National Monument and Fredericksburg Area Museum and Cultural Center.
Here's a top rated place to stay based on Expedia user reviews:
Dressing for King George
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 62°F and the nighttime average to be 27°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 87°F during the day and 41°F at night
- July through September averages 88°F during the day and 55°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 73°F during the day and 28°F at night
- About 41.14 inches of rain falls on King George each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 86°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 29°F