Visitors can enjoy all that Quantico has to offer including the sporting events, restaurants, and ski areas. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its churches. Top sights around the area include Fredericksburg Area Museum and Cultural Center and Manassas National Battlefield Park.
- There are 196 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Manassas, VA (MNZ-Manassas Regional), 11.9 mi (19.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Washington, DC (IAD-Washington Dulles Intl.), 26.9 mi (43.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Quantico
A couple of favorite places to visit are Marine Raider Museum and Marine Corps Base Quantico. Additionally, in the area you'll find Fredericksburg Area Museum and Cultural Center and Manassas National Battlefield Park.
As you make plans for a getaway to Quantico, the best accommodation may not be centrally located but you'll find 38 hotels and lodging options locally. Below are places to stay in the region:
- Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Fredericksburg South (I-95), VA is 22.2 mi (35.7 km) from the center of Quantico. This 3-star hotel in Fredericksburg features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an indoor pool. Our customers like its family-friendly amenities and convenient parking.
- Hyatt Regency Fairfax is 20.6 mi (33.2 km) from central Quantico. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Fairfax can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and overall value.
- Extended Stay America - Washington D.C.- Fairfax - Fair Oaks is located 21 mi (33.9 km) from the heart of Quantico. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Fairfax can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with an in-room kitchen. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and proximity to the airport.
Getting Around Quantico
To see more of the larger area, hop aboard a train at Quantico Station. Quantico might not have very many public transit choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Quantico
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 62°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 27°F
- From April to June, the average is 87°F during the day and 41°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 88°F during the day and 55°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 73°F as the daytime average and 28°F as the nighttime average
- Quantico gets about 41.14 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 86°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 29°F