Families will find kid-friendly activities in Stafford, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its shopping and museums. A top sight in the area is Fredericksburg Area Museum and Cultural Center.
- There are 17 hotels and other accommodations in Stafford
- The closest major airport is in Manassas, VA (MNZ-Manassas Regional), 17.6 mi (28.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Washington, DC (IAD-Washington Dulles Intl.), 33 mi (53 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Stafford
A couple of favorite places to visit are FBI Academy and Potomac Point Vineyard and Winery. Additionally, you'll find Fredericksburg Area Museum and Cultural Center in the area.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 17 hotels and other lodging accommodations to pick from in Stafford. These are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Affordable Suites of America Quantico - This 2.5-star aparthotel features free WiFi, free parking, and a fitness center. Expedia travelers love its convenient parking and quiet location.
- Home2 Suites by Hilton Stafford Quantico - Our customers like the breakfast and overall value at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with an in-room kitchenette.
- Courtyard Stafford Quantico - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its convenient parking and comfortable, quiet rooms.
Dressing for Stafford
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 62°F during the day and 27°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 87°F, while the average at night is 41°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 88°F with nighttime averages of 55°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 73°F and nighttime averages of 28°F
- About 41.14 inches of rain falls on Stafford each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 86°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 29°F