Luxury-minded travelers will find upscale places to stay in Kitzbuehel, and visitors give high marks for the ski areas and relaxing spas. Tourists can also enjoy the city's golf courses, casinos, and zoo. Top sights around the area include Saalbach-Hinterglemm Ski Resort and Krimmler Waterfalls.
- There are 529 hotels and other accommodations in Kitzbuehel
- The closest major airport is in Salzburg (SZG-W.A. Mozart), 37 mi (59.5 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Innsbruck (INN-Kranebitten), 50.3 mi (81 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Kitzbuehel
Cultural venues in the city include Bergdoktorhaus, Kitzbuehel Museum, and Aaart Foundation. Attractions like Wildpark Aurach and Triassic Park are fun for everyone, not just kids. The city is notable for landmarks like Hahnenkamm Cable Car, Kitzbuehel Church, and Hochbrixen Cable Car.
In Kitzbuehel, there are 529 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday retreat. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Kempinski Hotel Das Tirol - This 5-star hotel features 2 outdoor pools, a full-service spa, and ski slopes. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and breakfast.
- Hotel Kaiserhof Kitzbuehel - Our customers like the pool and helpful staff at this hotel. This 4.5-star hotel features a full-service spa, ski slopes, and free breakfast.
- KUHOTEL by Rilano - This 4-star resort features a full-service spa, free breakfast, and a restaurant. Expedia customers like its breakfast and pool.
Popular places to visit around the area include Saalbach-Hinterglemm Ski Resort, 12.1 mi/19.4 km from the city center, and Krimmler Waterfalls, which is 20 mi (32.2 km) away.
Getting Around Kitzbuehel
If you want to see more of the area, ride aboard a train from Kitzbühel Station, Kirchberg in Tirol Station, or St. Johann in Tirol Station. Kitzbuehel might not have very many public transit options so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Kitzbuehel
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 53°F during the day and 26°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 74°F, while the average at night is 37°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 76°F with nighttime averages of 46°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 63°F and nighttime averages of 26°F
- About 1.02 inches of rain falls on Kitzbuehel each year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 74°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 27°F