Visitors to L'Isle-sur-la-Sorgue are sure to enjoy the riverfront and gardens. Tourists can also enjoy the city's golf courses, art, and monuments. Top sights around the area include Cathedrale St-Siffrein, Palais des Papes, and Place de l'Horloge.
- There are 57 hotels and other accommodations in L'Isle-sur-la-Sorgue
- The closest major airport is in Avignon (AVN-Caumont), 7.9 mi (12.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Marseille (MRS-Marseille - Provence), 33.5 mi (53.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in L'Isle-sur-la-Sorgue
Cathedrale St-Siffrein, Palais des Papes, and Place de l'Horloge are some of the notable places to visit in the surrounding region. In the area, you'll also find Musee du Petit Palais and Pont Saint-Bénézet.
In L'Isle-sur-la-Sorgue, you'll be able to select from 57 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect vacation. Here are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- La Maison sur la Sorgue - Amenities at this hotel include free breakfast and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its convenient parking and comfortable rooms.
- Grand Hôtel Henri - Our customers like the convenient parking and central location at this hotel. With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Hotel les Névons - This 3-star hotel features free WiFi, free parking, and a bar. Expedia customers like its overall value and convenient parking.
In the surrounding area, popular places to visit include Fort St-Andre, 13.3 mi/21.3 km from the heart of the city, and Tour Philippe le Bel, which is 13.3 mi (21.4 km) away.
Getting Around L'Isle-sur-la-Sorgue
If you want to venture outside of the area, hop on a train at L'Isle-sur-la-Sorgue Fontaine-de-Vaucluse Station. L'Isle-sur-la-Sorgue may not have many public transportation choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for L'Isle-sur-la-Sorgue
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 62°F during the day and 33°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 82°F, while the average at night is 43°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 85°F with nighttime averages of 54°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 72°F and nighttime averages of 35°F
- Average annual rainfall for L'Isle-sur-la-Sorgue is 0.98 inches
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 83°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 35°F