Find Hotels in Lake Garda
Great deals on hotels, cabins, vacation homes & more from $49
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Where to stay in Lake Garda
Peschiera del Garda City Centre
4.5/5Wonderful!(3 area reviews)
Lake views and restaurants are notable features of Peschiera del Garda City Centre. You might consider a stop by Porta Brescia while you're exploring the neighborhood.
5/5Exceptional!(2 area reviews)
Unique features of Old Town include the shopping and restaurants. Make a stop by Church of San Nicolo and San Severo or Monumento ai Marinai while you're exploring the area.
Desenzano del Garda City Centre
4.5/5Wonderful!(10 area reviews)
Desenzano del Garda City Centre is noteworthy for its lake views, and you can make a stop at top attractions like Desenzano Castle and Roman Villa of Desenzano del Garda.
Visiting Lake Garda
Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Lake Garda, and visitors give high marks for the lakeside setting and relaxing spas. This relaxing city also attracts tourists with its cafés and theme park. Top sights in the city include Vittoriale degli Italiani, Grotto of Catullus, and Scaliger Castle.
- There are 2877 hotels and other accommodations in Lake Garda
- The closest major airport is in Verona (VRN-Valerio Catullo), 18.2 mi (29.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Brescia (VBS-Gabriele D'Annuzio), 22.1 mi (35.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Lake Garda
Cultural venues in the city include Scaliger Castle, Roman Villa of Desenzano del Garda, and Italian Social Republic Documentation Center. Attractions like Canevaworld - Aqua Paradise, Movieland, and Gardaland are fun for kids of all ages. The city is notable for landmarks like Vittoriale degli Italiani, Grotto of Catullus, and Castello Scaligeri.
In Lake Garda, you'll find 2877 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday getaway. Here are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hotel Vega - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its quiet location and helpful staff.
- B&B Garda 4U - Our customers like the breakfast and room size at this B&B. Amenities at this bed & breakfast include free breakfast and free WiFi.
- Garda Life - With a stay at this 3-star property, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and comfortable beds.
Other favorite sights in Lake Garda include Tower of Apponale, La Rocca, and Villa Dei Cedri. Popular places to see in the area include Stadio Marcantonio Bentegodi, 18.4 mi/29.7 km from the heart of the city, and Basilica of San Zeno Maggiore, which is 18.5 mi (29.7 km) away.
Getting Around Lake Garda
If you want to journey outside of the area, ride aboard a train from Peschiera Station, Desenzano del Garda Station, or Desenzano del Garda-Sirmione Station. Lake Garda might not have many public transit options to choose from so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Lake Garda
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 59°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 33°F
- From April to June, the average is 80°F during the day and 44°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 82°F during the day and 56°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 69°F as the daytime average and 33°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Lake Garda is 27.40 inches
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 80°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 35°F