History buffs will enjoy exploring Sirmione, and visitors give high marks for the lakeside setting and relaxing spas. Tourists can also enjoy the city's monuments and cocktail bars. Top sights in the city include Scaliger Castle and Grotto of Catullus.
- There are 129 hotels and other accommodations in Sirmione
- The closest major airport is in Brescia (VBS-Gabriele D'Annuzio), 14.4 mi (23.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Verona (VRN-Valerio Catullo), 15.8 mi (25.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Sirmione
The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Scaliger Castle, Grotto of Catullus, and Church of Santa Maria della Neve. Taking a ferry is a top activity, and Center Aquaria Spa and Wellness Center is one place to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Santa Maria Maggiore and Church of San Pietro.
In Sirmione, there are 129 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hotel Ocelle Thermae & Spa - Amenities at this property include a full-service spa and an indoor pool.
- Hotel Marconi - Our customers like the beach locale and clean, quiet rooms at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Hotel Eden - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a bar and a snack bar/deli, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers love its overall value and first-rate property condition.
Top places to visit around the area include Gardaland, located 5.8 mi (9.4 km) from the heart of the city, and Movieland, which is 5.9 mi (9.4 km) away.
Dressing for Sirmione
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 59°F during the day and 33°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 80°F, while the average at night is 44°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 82°F with nighttime averages of 56°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 69°F and nighttime averages of 33°F
- Sirmione gets about 27.40 inches of rain per year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 80°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 35°F