If you need to escape from the downtown noise, revel in the tranquility at Lake Jennings.
To experience it, you'll need to head off the beaten track a little and make your way to San Diego County, which is 470 miles from the state capital, Sacramento.
If you want to be near to all the action, there are roughly 15 hotels to make your choice from. The Sycuan Golf Resort and Best Western Santee Lodge are some popular places.
For travelers looking to save a few pennies, there are a couple of budget-friendly accommodations in the area. Some places that are popular among visitors include the Best Western Courtesy Inn and the Americas Best Value Inn.
Whether you want to try something new or stick with something safe, Jack in the Box (14039 Interstate 8 Business Loop, El Cajon) has a meal for you. Located just 0.5 miles from Lake Jennings, this restaurant is easy to find.
Other Places to Visit near Lake Jennings
Once you've checked out Lake Jennings, you may like to venture further. The surrounding area has loads more to offer:
- "Love of beauty is taste. The creation of beauty is art." Keep this great quote in mind when you take in the collection at Art World Western Heritage Gallery.
- Passionate historians should make time to see Creation and Earth History Museum, a place where history springs to life to recount tales of days long gone.
- Grab your clubs and see if you can break your average at Barona Creek Golf Club.
- If you and your family are fans of indoor activities, plan an excursion to Boomers El Cajon.
- Whether you'd like to rule the baccarat table, try your hand at poker or just be near the buzz of the casino floor, Sycuan Casino offers a great night out.