Visiting El Cajon
Budget-minded travelers will find good deals in El Cajon, and visitors give high marks for the pristine golf courses and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its shopping and cafés. Top sights around the area include San Diego Zoo, Balboa Park, and SeaWorld.
- There are 23 hotels and other accommodations in El Cajon
- The closest major airport is in San Diego, CA (SEE-Gillespie Field), 5 mi (8.1 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in San Diego, CA (MYF-Montgomery Field), 14.6 mi (23.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in El Cajon
Cultural venues in the city include Olaf Wieghorst Museum and Western Heritage Center, Knox House Museum, and Warbirds West Air Museum. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Parkway Plaza is a favorite for retail therapy. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Sycuan Casino and Boomers El Cajon.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 23 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in El Cajon. These are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Courtyard by Marriott San Diego El Cajon - This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and pool.
- Sycuan Golf Resort - Our customers like the pool and helpful staff at this resort. With a stay at this 3-star resort, guests can enjoy access to 2 outdoor pools and a full-service spa, along with free WiFi.
- Days Inn by Wyndham San Diego-East/El Cajon - This 2-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and overall value.
Outside the city, top places to visit include San Diego Zoo, 15.8 mi/25.4 km from the heart of the city, and Balboa Park, which is 16 mi (25.7 km) away.
Getting Around El Cajon
Walk to nearby metro stations like Arnele Avenue Station, El Cajon Transit Center Station, and Gillespie Field Station. If you'd like to explore around the area, you may want a rental car for your journey.
Dressing for El Cajon
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 73°F and the nighttime average to be 41°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 85°F during the day and 49°F at night
- July through September averages 90°F during the day and 59°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 84°F during the day and 41°F at night
- About 11.77 inches of rain falls on El Cajon each year
- Hottest months are usually August and September with an average temperature of 88°F, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 42°F