History buffs will enjoy exploring Leipzig, and all visitors are sure to appreciate the museums and churches. This city also attracts tourists with its theaters, live music, and local tours.
- There are 208 hotels and other accommodations in Leipzig
- The closest major airport is in Leipzig (LEJ-Leipzig - Halle), 8.5 mi (13.6 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Leipzig
Known for its museums, theaters, and live music, the city's cultural venues include Leipzig City History Museum - Neubau, Museum of Fine Arts, and Museum Zum Arabischen Coffe Baum. Its churches and historic sites are notable and landmarks include Leipzig's Old Town Hall, Stadtisches Kaufhaus, and St. Nicholas Church. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Naschmarkt and Maedler Passage.
In Leipzig, you'll find 208 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect vacation. Here are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Apartment Central - Guests who stay at this 2.5-star aparthotel in Zentrum can enjoy access to parking and self-service laundry, along with an in-room kitchenette. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and breakfast.
- Steigenberger Grandhotel Handelshof Leipzig - Our customers like the central location and comfortable rooms at this hotel. Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in Zentrum can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 2 restaurants, along with free WiFi.
- Apartmenthotel Quartier M - Guests who stay at this 4-star apartment in Zentrum can enjoy access to a restaurant and self-service laundry, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers love its dining options and helpful staff.
Getting Around Leipzig
With so many transportation options, seeing Leipzig is simple. Walk to nearby metro stations like Markt S-Bahn, Augustusplatz Tram Stop, and Roßplatz Tram Stop. If you want to journey outside of the area, ride aboard a train from Leipzig Central Station, Leipzig Ost Station, or Leipzig-Möckern Station.
Dressing for Leipzig
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 52°F and the nighttime average to be 26°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 73°F during the day and 36°F at night
- July through September averages 75°F during the day and 46°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 62°F during the day and 29°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Leipzig is 20.94 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 73°F, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 28°F