Families will find kid-friendly activities in Lille, and visitors give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its museums, art, and zoo. Top sights in the city include Old Stock Exchange, Lille Grand Square, and Rihour Square.
- There are 360 hotels and other accommodations in Lille
- The closest major airport is in Lille (LIL-Lesquin), 4.9 mi (7.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Ostende (OST-Ostend-Bruges Intl.), 40.1 mi (64.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Lille
The city is well known for its museums and art, and cultural venues include Palace of Fine Arts, Zenith Arena Concert Hall, and Hospice Comtesse. Families come for attractions such as Zoo Lille, Koezio, and Lomme Urban Park. The city is notable for landmarks like Old Stock Exchange, Lille Grand Square, and Rihour Square.
In Lille, you'll find 360 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday retreat. Here are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Esplanade Lille - Located in Old Lille, this guesthouse accommodation features free WiFi and a flat-screen TV. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and quiet location.
- Hotel l'Arbre Voyageur, BW Premier Collection - Our customers like the dining options and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 4-star hotel in Historic Center features 2 restaurants, free WiFi, and a bar.
- L'Hermitage Gantois, Autograph Collection - This 5-star hotel in Historic Center features a full-service spa, 2 restaurants, and an indoor pool. Expedia customers like its overall value and quiet location.
Other favorite sights in Lille include Casino Barriere Lille, Citadel of Lille, and Euralille. Outside the city, popular places to see include Menin Gate Memorial, 16.7 mi/26.8 km from the heart of the city, and Louvre-Lens, which is 18.3 mi/29.4 km away.
Getting Around Lille
With so many transportation options, seeing Lille is simple. Walk to nearby metro stations like Rihour Station, Lille Flandres Metro Station, and Lille Europe Station. If you want to journey outside of the area, ride aboard a train from Lille Flandres Station, Lille Europe Station, or Lille St Andre Station.
Dressing for Lille
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 53°F and the nighttime average to be 34°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 70°F during the day and 39°F at night
- July through September averages 74°F during the day and 48°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 62°F during the day and 35°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Lille is 28.35 inches
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 72°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 35°F