History buffs will enjoy exploring Ljubljana, and visitors give high marks for the riverfront and shopping. Tourists who journey to this culturally-rich city can discover its museums, cafés, and entertainment choices. Top sights in the city include Triple Bridge, St. Nicholas Cathedral, and Ljubljana Castle.
- There are 206 hotels and other accommodations in Ljubljana
- The closest major airport is in Ljubljana (LJU-Joze Pucnik), 12.7 mi (20.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Klagenfurt (KLU-Woerthersee), 42.3 mi (68 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Ljubljana
Well-known for its museums, the city's cultural venues include National Museum of Slovenia, National Gallery of Slovenia, and Ljubljana Opera House. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Triple Bridge, St. Nicholas Cathedral, and Ljubljana Castle. Shopping is a favorite activity, so consider an excursion to Ljubljana Central Market and New Market.
In Ljubljana, you'll be able to select from 206 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect vacation. Below are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Barbo Palace - Located in Ljubljana City Centre, this 3-star guesthouse accommodation features free WiFi and a flat-screen TV. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its central location and helpful staff.
- Hotel Cubo - Our customers like the overall value and proximity to shopping at this hotel. Guests who stay at this 4.5-star hotel in Ljubljana City Centre can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- G Design Hotel - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers love its breakfast and location.
Other top sights in Ljubljana include Dragon Bridge.
Getting Around Ljubljana
To explore the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Ljubljana Station or Ljubljana (LJR-Ljubljana Rail Station). Ljubljana may not have many public transit options so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Ljubljana
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 55°F and the nighttime average to be 25°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 78°F during the day and 36°F at night
- July through September averages 81°F during the day and 48°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 65°F during the day and 28°F at night
- Ljubljana gets about 2.17 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 79°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 27°F