Budget-minded travelers will find good deals in Loures, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Welcoming and walkable, this city also attracts tourists with its shopping. Around the area, top sights include Castle of Sao Jorge, Lisbon Oceanarium, and Gulbenkian Museum.
- You'll find 3367 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Lisbon District
- The closest major airport is in Lisbon (LIS-Humberto Delgado), 6.4 mi (10.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Cascais (CAT), 14.3 mi (23.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Loures
A couple of favorite places to visit are Quinta Das Carrafouchas Vineyard and Lisbon and Tagus Valley. Additionally, in the area you'll find Castle of Sao Jorge and Lisbon Oceanarium.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 23 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Loures. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Apt In Lisbon Rio Apartments - Parque das Nações - This 3-star apartment in Parque das Nacoes features free WiFi and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its proximity to public transit and clean rooms.
- Holiday Inn Express Lisbon Airport - Our customers like the overall value and central location at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- VIP Executive Santa Iria Hotel - This 4-star hotel features 2 outdoor pools, a restaurant, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its pool and convenient parking.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Gulbenkian Museum, located 8.5 mi (13.7 km) from the city center, and Queluz National Palace, which is 9.5 mi (15.3 km) away.
Getting Around Loures
If you want to explore the larger area, hop on a train at Loures Sacavem Station. Loures may not have many public transportation choices so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Loures
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 62°F and the nighttime average to be 46°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 77°F during the day and 50°F at night
- July through September averages 79°F during the day and 60°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 72°F during the day and 46°F at night
- About 0.98 inches of rain falls on Loures each year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 78°F, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 46°F