History buffs will enjoy exploring Luxor, and visitors give high marks for the temples, riverfront, and local tours. This relaxing city also attracts tourists with its museums.
- There are 95 hotels and other accommodations in Luxor
- The closest major airport is in Luxor (LXR-Luxor Intl.), 5.3 mi (8.6 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Luxor
The city is well known for its museums and cultural venues like Luxor Museum. Its temples and historic sites are notable and landmarks include Luxor Temple, Colossi of Memnon, and Malkata. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Medinet Habu and Ramesseum.
In Luxor, you'll find 95 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday retreat. Below are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa - With a stay at this 5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 2 outdoor pools and a full-service spa, along with free WiFi. Expedia travelers love its proximity to the airport.
- Sofitel Winter Palace Luxor - Our customers like the breakfast and comfortable beds at this hotel. With a stay at this 5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 4 restaurants and free breakfast, along with free WiFi.
- Alhambra Hotel - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Dressing for Luxor
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 90°F during the day and 42°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 108°F, while the average at night is 58°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 107°F with nighttime averages of 68°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 99°F and nighttime averages of 44°F
- Luxor gets about 0 inches of rain per year
- Usually June and July are the hottest months with an average of 106°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 45°F