Budget-minded travelers will find good deals in Machelen, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Welcoming and tucked away, this city also attracts tourists with its bars. NATO Headquarters, Atomium, and Mini-Europe are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 525 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Brussels
- The closest major airport is in Brussels (BRU-Brussels - National), 1.8 mi (2.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Antwerp (ANR-Antwerp Intl.), 19.8 mi (31.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Machelen
A favorite place to visit in the city is Chateau Marga. In the area, you'll also find NATO Headquarters and Atomium.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 13 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Machelen. These are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Park Inn by Radisson Brussels Airport - This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi, and a fitness center. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its proximity to shopping and room size.
- Novotel Brussels Airport - Our customers like the helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi, and a fitness center.
- NH Brussels Airport - This 4-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi, and a fitness center. Expedia customers like its central location and room size.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Mini-Europe, 4.7 mi/7.5 km from the heart of the city, and Belgian Comic Strip Center, which is 5.1 mi (8.2 km) away.
Getting Around Machelen
To explore the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Machelen Diegem Station or Buda Station. Machelen might not have very many public transit options to choose from so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Machelen
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 54°F and the nighttime average to be 30°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 72°F during the day and 38°F at night
- July through September averages 73°F during the day and 48°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 64°F during the day and 31°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Machelen is 34.41 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 72°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 31°F