Budget-minded travelers will find good deals in Vilvoorde, and many visitors are sure to appreciate the restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's breweries and coffeehouses. Around the area, top sights include NATO Headquarters, Atomium, and Mini-Europe.
- There are 4 hotels and other accommodations in Vilvoorde
- The closest major airport is in Brussels (BRU-Brussels - National), 3.2 mi (5.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Antwerp (ANR-Antwerp Intl.), 18 mi (28.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Vilvoorde
NATO Headquarters, Atomium, and Mini-Europe are some of the notable places to visit in the surrounding region. In the area, you'll also find Belgian Comic Strip Center and Cathedral of St. Michael.
Below is a top rated place to stay based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hotel The Lodge Vilvoorde - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and a fitness center. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its bar and breakfast.
Top places to see outside the city include La Grand Place, 6.8 mi/10.9 km from the heart of the city, and European Union Parliament Building, which is 6.8 mi (11 km) away.
Getting Around Vilvoorde
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop on a train at Vilvoorde Station. Vilvoorde may not have many public transit options to choose from so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Vilvoorde
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 54°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 30°F
- From April to June, the average is 72°F during the day and 38°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 73°F during the day and 48°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 64°F as the daytime average and 31°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Vilvoorde is 34.41 inches
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 72°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 31°F