Travelers to Madina will find plenty to explore and enjoy. There are 319 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Accra (ACC-Kotoka Intl.), 4.6 mi (7.4 km) from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in Madina
Places to visit in the larger region include University of Ghana, A&C Mall, and Wild Gecko Handicrafts. Additionally, you'll find Accra Mall and Accra Zoo and Endangered Primate Breeding Centre in the area.
As you plan your vacation to Madina, your ideal accommodation may not be in the city center but you'll find 279 hotels and lodging options locally. Here are places to stay within 5 miles of the city center.
- The African Regent Hotel is located 3.9 mi (6.2 km) from the city center. This 4.5-star hotel in Accra features a full-service spa, free breakfast, and a restaurant. Our customers like its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Airport View Hotel is 4.8 mi (7.7 km) from the city's heart. This 2-star hotel in Accra features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool. Our customers like its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Accra Marriott Hotel is located within 4.8 mi (7.8 km) of the city center. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Accra can enjoy access to 3 restaurants and free breakfast, along with free Internet.
Dressing for Madina
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 88°F and the nighttime average to be 73°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 88°F during the day and 74°F at night
- July through September averages 83°F during the day and 71°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 88°F during the day and 74°F at night
- Madina gets about 1.73 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually December and March with an average temperature of 88°F, while the coldest months are August and July with an average of 72°F