Visitors to Manaus are sure to enjoy the riverfront, local tours, and opera houses. This city also attracts tourists with its forests. Top sights in the city include Teatro Amazonas, CIGS Zoo, and Amazon Arena.
- There are 121 hotels and other accommodations in Manaus
- The closest major airport is in Manaus (MAO-Eduardo Gomes Intl.), 6.7 mi (10.8 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Manaus
Well-known for its opera, the city's cultural venues include Teatro Amazonas, Amazonia Museum of Natural Sciences, and Americo Alvarez Theater. The city is notable for landmarks like Church of Sao Sebastiao, Capela do Pobre Diabo, and Church of Our Lady of the Conception. The riverfront and forests highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Mindu Municipal Park, Tupe Beach, and Jau National Park.
In Manaus, you'll find 121 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. Below are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Dolphin Lodge - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and a bar. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and helpful staff.
- Hotel Villa Amazonia - Our customers like the pool and proximity to shopping at this hotel. This 3.5-star hotel in Centro features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool.
- InnFlat-Business - Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Aleixo can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with an in-room kitchenette.
Other top sights in Manaus include CIGS Zoo and Amazon Arena.
Dressing for Manaus
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 87°F during the day and 74°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 87°F, while the average at night is 74°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 90°F with nighttime averages of 74°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 90°F and nighttime averages of 74°F
- Manaus gets about 83.23 inches of rain per year
- Usually October and September are the hottest months with an average of 90°F, whereas February and July are often coldest, averaging 74°F