History buffs will enjoy exploring Marietta, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its riverfront and university setting.
- There are 17 hotels and other accommodations in Marietta
- The closest major airport is in Parkersburg, WV (PKB-Mid-Ohio Valley Regional), 5.9 mi (9.5 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Marietta
Cultural venues in the city include Lee Middleton Doll Museum, Campus Martius Museum of the Northwest Territory, and Baker Family Museum. Families come for attractions such as Marietta Aquatic Center, Hannibal Locks and Dam, and Washington County Fairgrounds. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Big Muskie's Bucket, Thorla-McKee Well, and The Castle.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 17 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Marietta. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Comfort Suites Marietta-Parkersburg - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and convenient parking.
- Days Inn & Suites by Wyndham Caldwell - Our customers like the breakfast and quiet location at this hotel. With a stay at this 2-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Marietta - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Marietta
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 60°F and the nighttime average to be 23°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 85°F during the day and 38°F at night
- July through September averages 85°F during the day and 49°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 71°F during the day and 24°F at night
- About 41.22 inches of rain falls on Marietta each year
- Hottest months are usually July and June with an average temperature of 84°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 25°F