Visitors give high marks for the college vibe in Athens, which is also known for its festivals and bars. Tourists can also enjoy the city's live music, churches, and art. A top sight in the city is Hocking Hills State Park.
- There are 199 hotels and other accommodations in Athens
- The closest major airport is in Parkersburg, WV (PKB-Mid-Ohio Valley Regional), 35.5 mi (57.2 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Athens
Well-known for its festivals, the city's cultural venues include Stuart's Opera House, Fur Peace Ranch, and Hot Dog Museum. Attractions like Hocking Valley Scenic Railway, Columbus Washboard Factory, and Happy Trails Horseback Rides are fun for kids of all ages. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the hiking trails and these places to visit: Hocking Hills State Park, Zaleski State Forest, and Lake Hope State Park.
In Athens, you'll be able to select from 199 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect holiday retreat. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Sleep Inn Logan Ohio-Hocking Hills - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its pool and helpful staff.
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Athens - Our customers like the pool and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free parking.
- Hocking Hills Inn - Amenities at this 3-star guesthouse include free parking and an in-room fireplace. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and comfortable beds.
Dressing for Athens
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 60°F and the nighttime average to be 22°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 84°F during the day and 36°F at night
- July through September averages 84°F during the day and 46°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 71°F during the day and 23°F at night
- Athens gets about 41.42 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 83°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 24°F