Families will find kid-friendly activities in Parkersburg, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its shopping and entertainment choices.
- There are 19 hotels and other accommodations in Parkersburg
- The closest major airport is in Parkersburg, WV (PKB-Mid-Ohio Valley Regional), 8.6 mi (13.9 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Parkersburg
Cultural venues in the city include Blennerhassett Museum, Smoot Theater, and Oil and Gas Museum. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks such as G. W. Henderson Plantation. The city's natural beauty is on display at Blennerhassett Island Historical State Park, Scott Field, and Mountwood Park.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 19 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Parkersburg. Here you'll find top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- TownePlace Suites by Marriott Parkersburg - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, quiet rooms.
- Hampton Inn & Suites Parkersburg Downtown - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Sleep Inn & Suites - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and overall value.
Dressing for Parkersburg
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 60°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 23°F
- From April to June, the average is 85°F during the day and 38°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 85°F during the day and 49°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 71°F as the daytime average and 24°F as the nighttime average
- About 41.18 inches of rain falls on Parkersburg each year
- July and June are usually the hottest months averaging 84°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 25°F