3.6/5 Good! (1,008 reviews)
We stayed at V Hotel Bencoolen for three weeks in December. Overall, we very much enjoyed our stay.
- The room we initially booked was too small for two people traveling internationally for that length of time. Despite the Expedia listing saying that the room could sleep three people, we barely had enough room to open our two luggages in there.
- The walls separating rooms are not good at keeping out sound, so if the people staying next to you play music, cough, have a conversation, or shuffle furniture around, you will hear it, and vice versa.
- The staff were very friendly and accommodating. After we complained about our room being too cramped, Lim offered to move us to a slightly bigger room for the remainder of our stay at no additional cost. He and Leon showed us two other rooms and let us pick one.
- May, the person who cleaned our room each day, was very flexible with our weird schedule (we had to work US hours on some days). She also took great care to make our stay more comfortable. For example, she rearranged our luggages and the furniture in our room just enough to create space for us to move around more easily.
- The hotel's location is practically unbeatable. The Bencoolen stop on the Downtown line is literally right next door. There are buses to the airport, Marina Bay, Harbourfront (the area right across from Sentosa Island), and many other popular destinations just a 5-min walk down the street. And Fort Canning park is a 10-15 min walk away.
Reviewed on Jan 1, 2023