Visitors to Lewisburg are sure to enjoy the festivals and shopping. Tourists can also enjoy the city's churches, theaters, and entertainment choices. A top sight in the city is George Washington National Forest.
- There are 22 hotels and other accommodations in Lewisburg
- The closest major airport is in Lewisburg, WV (LWB-Greenbrier Valley), 4.4 mi (7.1 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Hot Springs, VA (HSP-Ingalls Field), 34.9 mi (56.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Lewisburg
The city is well known for its festivals and cultural venues like Greenbrier Valley Theatre and North House Museum. The city's natural beauty is on display at George Washington National Forest, Lost World Caverns, and Organ Cave. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Greenbrier Golf Course and The Greenbrier Falconry.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 22 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Lewisburg. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Lewisburg - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and quiet location.
- Hampton Inn Lewisburg - Our customers like the walkable location and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lewisburg - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its pool and clean, comfortable rooms.
Getting Around Lewisburg
To see more of the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at White Sulphur Springs Station or Alderson Station. Lewisburg may not have many public transit options so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Lewisburg
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 58°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 18°F
- From April to June, the average is 82°F during the day and 31°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 82°F during the day and 44°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 69°F as the daytime average and 19°F as the nighttime average
- About 40.04 inches of rain falls on Lewisburg each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 81°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 20°F