Visitors can enjoy all that Matara has to offer including the seaside, temples, and monuments. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its restaurants. In Matara, there are 39 hotels and other accommodations to choose from.
Sightseeing and Staying in Matara
The city is notable for landmarks like Our Lady of Matara Shrine, Parevi Duwa, and Dondra Lighthouse. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Star Fort and Polhena Beach.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 39 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Matara. Listed here are places to stay within 5 miles of the city center.
- Hotel Nawathana is located in the heart of Matara. Guests who stay at this 3-star resort in Matara can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Amaloh by Jetwing is located within 1.4 mi (2.3 km) of the city center. Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in Matara can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its helpful staff and bathrooms.
- Culture Resort is 1.6 mi (2.6 km) from the city's heart. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Matara can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and helpful staff.
Dressing for Matara
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 89°F during the day and 72°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 89°F, while the average at night is 74°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 88°F with nighttime averages of 75°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 87°F and nighttime averages of 72°F
- About 2.48 inches of rain falls on Matara each year
- Usually April and March are the hottest months with an average of 89°F, whereas December and February are often coldest, averaging 72°F