Visitors to Mayrhofen are sure to enjoy the ski areas, spas, and mountain views. A top sight in the area is Swarowski Crystal Worlds.
- You'll find 713 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Schwaz
- The closest major airport is in Innsbruck (INN-Kranebitten), 27 mi (43.5 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Mayrhofen
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the mountain views and such places to visit as High Alps Nature Park Zillertal Alps and Ahornspitze. Skiing is one of the top activities, while Ahornbahn Gondola, Ahorn Ski Area, and Penkenbahn Gondola are favorite sights to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Naturparkhaus and Minigolf Mayrhofen.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 39 hotels and other lodging accommodations to pick from in Mayrhofen. These are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Brugger Dörfl - This 4-star apartment features free WiFi, a sauna, and free train station pick-up. Expedia travelers love its high-quality beds and location.
- ElisabethHotel Premium Private Retreat - Our customers like the helpful staff and comfortable beds at this hotel. This 4.5-star hotel features a full-service spa, free breakfast, and a restaurant.
- Hotel Pramstraller - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and free breakfast, along with free WiFi.
In the surrounding area, popular places to visit include Swarowski Crystal Worlds, located 19.1 mi (30.7 km) from the heart of the city, and Brunico Castles, which is 20.4 mi (32.8 km) away.
Getting Around Mayrhofen
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop on a train at Mayrhofen Station. Mayrhofen may not have many public transit choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Mayrhofen
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 56°F during the day and 20°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 75°F, while the average at night is 35°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 77°F with nighttime averages of 45°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 63°F and nighttime averages of 22°F
- Average annual rainfall for Mayrhofen is 33.82 inches
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 75°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 23°F