Visitors to Tux are sure to enjoy the ski areas. Tourists can also enjoy the city's glaciers and spas. Top sights around the area include Swarowski Crystal Worlds, Bergisel Ski Jump, and Tyrolean Provincial Museum.
- You'll find 714 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Schwaz
- The closest major airport is in Innsbruck (INN-Kranebitten), 18.4 mi (29.6 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Tux
Skiing is one of the top activities, while Eggalm Skiing, Hintertux Glacier Ski Resort, and Sommerberg Cable Car are favorite sights to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Mehlerhaus and Lanersbach Church.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 41 hotels and other lodging accommodations to pick from in Tux. These are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Kinder- & Gletscherhotel Hintertuxerhof - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and the ski slopes, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and comfortable rooms.
- Aparthotel Dorfplatzl - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to the ski slopes and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Hotel Neuhintertux - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and the ski slopes, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Swarowski Crystal Worlds, located 11.7 mi (18.8 km) from the heart of the city, and Bergisel Ski Jump, which is 16.1 mi (25.9 km) away.
Dressing for Tux
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 38°F and the nighttime average to be 20°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 60°F during the day and 27°F at night
- July through September averages 63°F during the day and 42°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 51°F during the day and 25°F at night
- Tux gets about 1.22 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 61°F, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 22°F