Visitors can enjoy all that Mazamet has to offer including its museums. In Mazamet, there are 6 hotels and other accommodations to choose from. The closest major airport is in Castres (DCM-Mazamet), 8.3 mi (13.4 km) from the city center. The next closest is in Carcassonne (CCF-Pays Cathare), 17.3 mi (27.9 km) away.
Sightseeing and Staying in Mazamet
A favorite place to visit in the city is Catharism Museum of Mazamet. Additionally, you'll find Mazamet Golf Course and Cabrespine Cave in the area.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 6 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Mazamet. Listed here are places to stay within 5 miles of the city center.
- La Villa de Mazamet is located within 2.7 mi (4.4 km) of the city center. This bed & breakfast in Mazamet features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and location.
- Hôtel Le Boulevard is located 2.2 mi (3.5 km) from the city center. Guests who stay at this 2-star hotel in Mazamet can enjoy access to a restaurant and a terrace, along with free WiFi.
- Les Jardins de Mazamet is 2.4 mi (3.9 km) from the city's heart. This bed & breakfast in Mazamet features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free parking.
Getting Around Mazamet
If you want to venture outside of the area, ride aboard one of the trains from Mazamet Station. Mazamet might not have many public transit choices so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Mazamet
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 55°F during the day and 35°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 75°F, while the average at night is 40°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 79°F with nighttime averages of 51°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 66°F and nighttime averages of 35°F
- Average annual rainfall for Mazamet is 0.87 inches
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 77°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 36°F