Families will find kid-friendly activities in McAlester, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's sporting events, casinos, and opera houses. In McAlester, there are 20 hotels and other accommodations to choose from.
Sightseeing and Staying in McAlester
The picturesque setting of Chadick Park and Kiowa City Park exemplify the city's natural beauty. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Choctaw Casino McAlester and Great Balls of Fire.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 20 hotels and other lodging options to select from in McAlester. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites McAlester - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and central location.
- Hampton Inn & Suites McAlester - Our customers like the pool and proximity to shopping at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Motel 6 McAlester OK - With a stay at this 2-star motel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a business center, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its quiet rooms and overall condition.
A top sight in the surrounding area is Eufaula Lake, 27.9 mi/44.9 km from the city center.
Dressing for McAlester
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 69°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 29°F
- From April to June, the average is 91°F during the day and 46°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 94°F during the day and 56°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 79°F as the daytime average and 30°F as the nighttime average
- McAlester gets about 42.01 inches of rain per year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 92°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 31°F