Families will find kid-friendly activities in Meridian, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants and shopping. Tourists can also enjoy the city's monuments, theaters, and churches.
- There are 29 hotels and other accommodations in Meridian
- The closest major airport is in Meridian, MS (MEI-Meridian Regional), 2.7 mi (4.3 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Meridian
Cultural venues in the city include Temple Theater for the Performing Arts, Meridian Museum of Art, and Mississippi Industrial Heritage Museum. The picturesque setting of Bonita Lakes Park and Bienville National Forest exemplify the city's natural beauty. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Bonita Lakes Mall is a favorite for retail therapy.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 29 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Meridian. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Meridian - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Home2 Suites by Hilton Meridian - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free parking.
- Tru By Hilton Meridian - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, free parking, and a fitness center. Expedia customers like its overall value and pool.
Getting Around Meridian
To see more of the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Meridian Union Station. Meridian might not have many public transit options so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Meridian
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 73°F and the nighttime average to be 33°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 91°F during the day and 45°F at night
- July through September averages 92°F during the day and 57°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 82°F during the day and 34°F at night
- Meridian gets about 56.16 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 91°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 35°F