Families will find kid-friendly activities in Merrillville, and visitors give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its theaters, live music, and entertainment choices.
- There are 24 hotels and other accommodations in Merrillville
- The closest major airport is in Chicago, IL (MDW-Midway Intl.), 30.8 mi (49.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Chicago, IL (ORD-O'Hare Intl.), 46.1 mi (74.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Merrillville
The city is well known for its theaters and live music, and Star Plaza Theatre is a local cultural venue. Additionally, you might want to add Deep River Water Park to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 24 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Merrillville. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Home2 Suites by Hilton Merrillville - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its pool and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Staybridge Suites Merrillville - Our customers like the breakfast and comfortable, quiet rooms at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Residence Inn By Marriott Merrillville - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its pool and comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Merrillville
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 52°F during the day and 14°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 82°F, while the average at night is 33°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 84°F with nighttime averages of 48°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 69°F and nighttime averages of 17°F
- About 40.71 inches of rain falls on Merrillville each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 82°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 17°F