Visitors can enjoy all that Hobart has to offer including the lakeside setting, restaurants, and shopping. In Hobart, there are 2 hotels and other accommodations to choose from. The closest major airport is in Chicago, IL (MDW-Midway Intl.), 30 mi (48.2 km) from the city center. The next closest is in Chicago, IL (ORD-O'Hare Intl.), 44.8 mi (72 km) away.
Sightseeing and Staying in Hobart
Places to visit in the larger region include Indiana University Northwest, Deep River Water Park, and Westfield Southlake Mall. Additionally, you'll find Star Plaza Theatre and Marquette Park in the area.
Below is a top rated place to stay based on Expedia user reviews:
- Comfort Inn Hobart - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
Dressing for Hobart
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 52°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 14°F
- From April to June, the average is 82°F during the day and 33°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 84°F during the day and 48°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 69°F as the daytime average and 17°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Hobart is 40.71 inches
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 82°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 17°F