Visitors to Hammond are sure to enjoy the casinos. Tourists can also enjoy the city's lakeside setting, live music, and art. Around the area, top sights include McCormick Place, Chicago Museum of Science and Industry, and Hollywood Casino Amphitheatre.
- There are 12 hotels and other accommodations in Hammond
- The closest major airport is in Chicago, IL (MDW-Midway Intl.), 17.5 mi (28.1 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Chicago, IL (ORD-O'Hare Intl.), 32.8 mi (52.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Hammond
A couple of favorite places to visit are Hammond Civic Center and Purdue University Northwest. In the area, you'll also find McCormick Place and Chicago Museum of Science and Industry.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 12 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Hammond. Here are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Hammond - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Hampton Inn & Suites Hammond - Our customers like the location and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Comfort Inn - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
Popular places to see outside the city include Hollywood Casino Amphitheatre, located 14.3 mi (23 km) from the city center, and Guaranteed Rate Field, which is 16.7 mi/26.9 km away.
Dressing for Hammond
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 53°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 13°F
- From April to June, the average is 83°F during the day and 34°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 85°F during the day and 48°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 69°F as the daytime average and 17°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Hammond is 1.26 inches
- July and June are usually the hottest months averaging 82°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 17°F