History buffs will enjoy exploring Modena, and all visitors are sure to appreciate the museums. Tourists can also enjoy the city's monuments, cathedral, and local tours. Top sights in the city include Modena Cathedral and Torre della Ghirlandina.
- There are 54 hotels and other accommodations in Modena
- The closest major airport is in Bologna (BLQ-Guglielmo Marconi), 19.8 mi (31.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Parma (PMF), 33.1 mi (53.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Modena
Well known for its museums, the city's cultural venues include Palazzo dei Musei, Museo Enzo Ferrari, and Casa Museo Luciano Pavarotti. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Modena Cathedral, Torre della Ghirlandina, and The Synagogue. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Piazza Grande and Modena Town Hall.
In Modena, you'll be able to select from 54 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect vacation. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- VittorioVeneto25 - Located in Circoscrizione 1, this townhouse accommodation features free WiFi and a flat-screen TV. Expedia travelers love its central location and comfortable rooms.
- Hotel Cervetta 5 - Our customers like the central location and comfortable rooms at this hotel. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Circoscrizione 1 can enjoy access to free breakfast and a bar, along with free WiFi.
- UNA Hotel Modena - This 4.5-star hotel in San Faustino-Madonnina-Quattroville features a restaurant, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its breakfast and convenient parking.
Top places to visit outside the city include Ferrari Factory, located 8.3 mi (13.4 km) from the heart of the city, and Lamborghini Museum, which is 9.9 mi (16 km) away.
Getting Around Modena
To see more of the larger area, hop on a train at Modena Station. Modena may not have many public transit options to choose from so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Modena
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 67°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 32°F
- From April to June, the average is 89°F during the day and 47°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 92°F during the day and 59°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 76°F as the daytime average and 35°F as the nighttime average
- Modena gets about 28.19 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 90°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 35°F