Travelers to Mohawk will find plenty to explore and enjoy. In Mohawk, there are 2 hotels and other accommodations to choose from. The closest major airport is in Hancock, MI (CMX-Houghton County Memorial), 11.3 mi (18.1 km) from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in Mohawk
Places to visit in the larger region include Italian Hall Historical Marker, Copper Country Firefighters History Museum, and Keweenaw National Historical Park Headquarters. Additionally, you'll find Coppertown USA Mining Museum and Eagle Harbor Lighthouse in the area.
As you plan your trip to Mohawk, you might not find an accommodation in the city center, but you can select from 22 hotels and other lodging options within the larger area. Here are places to stay in the area:
- The Red Door Retreat-mohawk, Michigan. 100 Yards to Trail #3 is located 0.2 mi (0.3 km) from the heart of Mohawk. Guests who stay at this 2-star hotel in Hancock can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Adventure Awaits in the Keweenaw is 0.4 mi (0.6 km) from central Mohawk. Guests who stay at this 2-star hotel in Houghton can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Magnuson Hotel Copper Crown is 16.1 mi (25.9 km) from the center of Mohawk. This 3-star hotel in Houghton features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its quiet location and comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Mohawk
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 39°F and the nighttime average to be 8°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 74°F during the day and 23°F at night
- July through September averages 76°F during the day and 41°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 58°F during the day and 11°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Mohawk is 27.83 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 74°F, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 10°F